2 Feb 2014

End of January Book Haul!

It's been way too long since I have posted one of these! I am a book buying fiend, so catching up on all of my bookshelf additions would be insane (perhaps I'll do an updated bookshelf tour sometime in February, once my room is organized - one shelf is half-blocked by my bed).
But here is a mini-haul I brought in at the end of January!


The books:

Boy Meets Boy by David Levithan
I am currently reading this one! I have only recently discovered this wonderful author, thanks to Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I read Every Day a few months ago and loved it, and Two Boys Kissing just a few days ago. I highly recommend you read David Levithan if you haven't. He is a must-read for contemporary and LGBTQ+ fiction.

Control by Lydia Kang
I received an arc of Control from a YABC giveaway in the summer and it was so amazing I couldn't wait to get my hands on the beautiful hardcover. I still need to write a review for this one (a re-read might be in order), so keep an eye out! I'm really bad at promises (I'm super forgetful, mostly), but maybe I'll even do a giveaway and pass the arc on so others can enjoy it!

The Rule of Three by Eric Walters
Eric Walters is a local (to me), established author who I have yet to read anything by. So far nothing has really caught my eye, but when this hardcover showed up in my store, I had to get my hands on it. It's an apocalyptic novel where catastrophe is triggered by a global computer shut down. I'm glad I waited a few days, because Eric Walters came into the store to sign some copies!


House of Secrets by Chris Columbus and Ned Vizzini (rest in peace)
I've been meaning to pick up this book since it came out. JK Rowling recommended and written by two amazing guys (one Harry Potter film director and one incredible author). I among many authors was shocked and saddened to hear of Ned Vizzini's passing, but he will live on in his writing. House of Secrets is the first in a middle grade series written by these two authors. I've heard nothing but good things (from all ages!) and cannot wait to start this one.

0 comments:

Leave a comment...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)