19 May 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (8)

(It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly blog meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. Each Monday participating blogs post about which books we are currently reading and our reading plans for the week. You can sign up at Book Journey by clicking here)

Looks like I'll be sticking to two books a week from now on. It's easier to handle and gives me time to do other things (like work and write). (Although wouldn't it be grand to be able to read, like, five books a week? Hah!)

Last week I finished:

Origin by Jessica Khoury
Quick thoughts:
I love this book. The concept was so interesting and met my expectations. Really brings up the question: How far will science go to satisfy the selfishness of humanity? Pretty far, I'd say. There were character I loved, and ones I hated (and with good reason). There was action, exploration, the right amount of sci-fi for me (not too heavy), and a great plot with a satisfying end. There is to be, not a sequel for this book, but a companion novel. Vitro. I'm excited for its release date and will for sure be picking up a copy.

Do I recommend? Yessir!


I am still reading Proxy, and hope to finish it very soon. From there I will read another e-galley; I'm just not sure which one. Help me choose?
I'm between Runes, Dragonfly, Far Far Away, and Fyrelocke.
Let me know which one you think I should read next in the comments!

This week I am reading:

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Blurb:
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it’s the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth’s last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie’s only hope for rescuing her brother—or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.

Thoughts so far: Loving it so far! I'm about 30% into it, and excited to pick it back up!


And if I finish that before the week's done, I will likely pick up Icons by Margaret Stohl.

What are you all reading this week?

0 comments:

Leave a comment...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)