10 May 2013

Book Detective (2)

The Book Detective is a weekly book meme hosted by DivergentGryffindor where each Thursday we post books we have read that fit under each weekly category (ex: dystopia, bad boys, romance, etc.). It is a way to share our favourites and discover some new great reads as well! To see the list, see the meme's opening post here.

Mythological Reads

I love love love books with mythology, whether they revolve around it (as in Percy Jackson) or they just include mythology easter eggs (as in the Harry Potter books - some names and creatures were derived from mythology).

That being said, I am very behind on my mythology reading, and have only a few books with mythology on my 'read' shelf.
They are:

The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riodian
The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter

And those are all that is coming to mind, sadly.

However, there are a few I have on my shelf or on my Kobo that I am excited to read. They are:

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Kane Chronicles and Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordian
The Siren's Secret by Heather Ostler
Runes by Ednah Walters

And of course I've written the first draft to a mythological contemporary, but it doesn't count, haha.

If anyone has any recommendations in this category for me, please share! I love mythology (all derivations!), but would definitely read anything with Egyptian mythology.

0 comments:

Leave a comment...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)