3 Nov 2012

Encouragement Plus a Thank You

Whether or not you are a writer participating in NaNoWriMo this month, you can do something very significant to help those who are. And this goes for people who are also participating in NaNo.

Encouragement.

Yep, it's as simple as that. A few of my amazing writing friends and Twitter followers are commenting on my progress and letting me know they are supporting me with NaNo this month and are commending me on the word counts I am reaching daily. And I just want to thank those of you who are doing so. It really means a lot and it's helping me keep up the writing. Just so you know, I'm hugging my computer right now because I can't actually hug you all. But if I could, I would.

(I tried taking a picture of myself hugging my laptop as proof, but it just looked ridiculous, so here's a very procrastinate-y drawing. As you can tell, I'm quite the artist, and since my skills are so grand, I have labelled things that your mortal eyes would not be able to identify... Yeah, that's the story we're going with here.)
Because believe it or not, a simple 'Good luck on your sprint!' or a 'Congrats on your sprint' or a 'You're doing great!' goes so far. It brings on a smile and helps up the motivation, which as many of you know, is so easy to lose.

So keep on encouraging each other and keep on meeting those daily goals! Remember 2k a day brings a total of 60k. If you do some very successful sprints, that's just an hour or two of writing each day!

Keep up the great work, everyone!

Add me on NaNoWriMo: Courtney Shawnmarr. Or post your username below and I can add you.
You can also follow my progress on Twitter @Courtvents or on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CourtneyShawnmarr

Happy writing, everyone!

0 comments:

Leave a comment...

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing your thoughts! Feel free to link me to your blog as well so I can return the comment love :)